Sunday, March 22, 2009

Debuting at Debut NYC






Debut New York is a really hip boutique just north of SOHO. The store is set up like a gallery and the concept is to showcase up and coming designers. 

I  met the owner of Debut at baby Gap buying clothes for my future niece. The owner of Debut asked if I was a designer (apparently she liked the way I had styled my outfit and she was curious about the large portfolio I was lugging around. I had in fact just come from an interview at Express). 

I showed her my headbands and she decided to showcase five! The pictures above are the ones she is featuring. I went into Debut last Thursday and I saw my headbands merchandised right up front by the cash register. There was even a little plaque with my name on it, it read"Jennifer Paige, Phoenix, Arizona -- Inspired by Industrial Design". It gave me the biggest thrill! 

I could get used to this!


2 comments:

  1. Wow, a sign with your name on it. You will have to take me to see it one of these weekends!

    ReplyDelete
  2. For sure miss Horton! Hopefully we can do dinner more often. I hope work is not killing you this week, maybe we can do when Jaime comes into town.

    ReplyDelete