Wednesday, October 13, 2010

She was worth the move home




I get asked all the time if I miss living in New York City and if it was worth it to move back home. New York City was magical and amazing. And I miss working with the caliber of people I had encountered at Parsons and in the fashion industry. But life isn't about being stationery, and my time there was coming to a close. If Blake Emery had not made her debut on June 29, 2009 I may have stuck it out for a few more years, but my heart belongs in the desert of Arizona. And now that I am home I am completely and utterly happy with my decision. To miss one moment of this little tyke growing up would be heart breaking. I adore my niece, my sister and the friends I have here. Both my parents are gone, so it is important for me to be near the people who are left in my life.

There will be moments of wishing I could run to a certain vendor in the fabric district, eat at a certain cafe or visit with certain NYC friends. But overall it isn't enough to be miles away from the life that I had built here before I headed off to Parsons.

So to New York City, you are incredible, you gave me the confidence to realize I can accomplish anything I have set my heart on -- because I checked off several huge goals just by living there, graduating from Parsons and getting into Henri Bendel. And to Blake Emery I would do just about anything for you. You are loved, adored and I am honored to be able to watch this incredible process of watching a little baby grow up into what she will grow up into....

PS. That is Mia Jordan in the picture. Erika's precious baby and one of Blake's BEST friends :-)

1 comment:

  1. XOXOXOXO and we are so grateful and glad you are here too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! love you super my dear and so does the little moul!!! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete