Thursday, January 21, 2010

Couture Water


I had lunch with several of of my creative & artistic friends yesterday at Oakville Grocery in Scottsdale. It was cute place to meet. It felt like an expanded La Grande Orange. They were selling Christian Lacroix Evian water bottles, and I of course had to have it! I am always a sucker for cool packaging design - ALWAYS! Christian Lacroix is one of the few remaining haute couture designers left. He is a master and a genius!

Moreover, the intricate lace-like pattern etched onto the bottle reminded me of dollie-placemat I found at the New York restaurant Falai. Brian suggested Falai when I was in New York last week. It is in the lower east side and it is marvelous! I highly suggest going if you are in the lower-east side and of course New York. It is a very design-savvy, modern-Italian-fusion restaurant. Small portions but everything is art! The platting, the presentation, etc. I asked if I could take the placemat because I had ideas of using it as a stencil.

Last night I spray-painted the placemat onto the back of a black hoodie. It is a work in progress, but it is on its way to being a pretty cool hoodie!

So from couture water bottles to placemats, some of my best inspiration comes while socializing over food or over everyday items!

No comments:

Post a Comment