Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Leather words and sentences





Back when I lived with Brian in the West Village, we flew out to San Francisco to visit Paul and Kelly and go snowboarding in Tahoe -- can you tell we are "West Coast Kids" we dragged our snowboards across the entire country to snowboard, when Vermont and other east coast snow spots were just hours away! Anyway, back to my story, so Brian leads me to his all time favorite boutique, ever, AB Fits, which is right near Union Square in SF. Granted we lived in the West Village steps away from Bleecker Street, SOHO and just a couple of subway stops away from Fifth Ave and Madison Ave. But no, Bri-Bri felt the need to splurge in California, and I wasn't going to stop him.

The girl at AB Fits was very snotty and I was determined to not give them any of my business. But then I melted when I tried on a distressed leather jacket with a hood by Mike and Chris. It was very rock and roll and the fact that it had a hoodie was beyond amazing. I whipped out my credit card and I did not look back, and ever since I have been drawn to little, leather jackets.

Fashion is a form of expression, and someone at Parsons once mentioned that clothes are merely external words and sentences...so even though I already own one great leather jacket, oh wait, make that three, I am looking for a few more words and sentences for the fall!

1 comment:

  1. love. especially the part about clothes being external words and sentences!!
    xo

    ReplyDelete