Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Vision




Making mood and vision boards were practically a part of almost every class I attended at Parsons. And for good reason, it is an essential tool that communicates ideas, concepts, inspiration and vision in the fashion industry. I put together many boards while at Oscar de la Renta, American Eagle, and other private label firms.

Vision boards are not limited to only fashion either. Bob Wilkinson and I spent an entire Saturday covering a rather large piece of particle board with images from Dwell, Architectural Digest and other design magazines in order for me to show him what I wanted done to my "Beadle Box" remodel.

So last week when both Ashley Bugg and Alexandra Evjen suggested I create a mood board to help with my brand and latest collection, I WAS all about it. They had attended Promise Tangeman's "Show It" marketing and branding conference and Promise was talking about creating vision boards there. I figured it would be a great exercise for Tracey Martin and I.

Making mood boards ranks up with there with one of my favorite activities!

No comments:

Post a Comment