Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Live your life's story

I am fascinated by trends. And I am always amazed at how I will be having a conversation with someone and then I will go and have a conversation with a completely different person and without my initiating it, they will bring up the same topic I had just been discussing previously! When something is in the "air", you begin to notice the pattern.

In multiple conversations the topic of what I would want to do if I had an infinite amount of money and time were brought up.

I have been thinking about this a lot lately, but not so much as what I would do with copious amounts of money but more with what I want my legacy to be. I want to live a legacy and leave a legacy.

In the meantime here is my list:

  • I want to travel to Japan, Scandinavia, South America, and New Zealand and return to Thailand and Australia. I love soaking up and viewing other cultures. My favorite part of traveling is seeing the everyday life of another society -- the touristy spots are alright, but I get a thrill out of going to the super-market and sitting at a cafe just people watching. There is so much to absorb in doing that.
  • I want to write a tell-all of the homeschool world with my friend Diana -- The Devil Wears Prada of homeschooling...and it would be awesome if it turned into a New York Times Best Seller
  • I want to collect art, I would love to start with "street art" and help foster and nurture new artists, but I would also LOVE to be in the position to purchase from well known established artists.
  • I want to design an absolutely-sick-modern home with the help of a really cool architect -- well I guess I am kind of getting to already do that ;-) And I then want my home featured in a prominent design magazine.
  • I want to create a "Creative-Art-Design-Idea-Incubator" -- Jennifer Paige's version of Andy Warhol's "The Factory" a place where creative, artistic, savvy people come together to exchange ideas, network, & collaborate. A place of explosive synergy and imagination. Just sans the crazy '60s drug scene

No comments:

Post a Comment