Monday, July 13, 2009

The Adventure

For the past two weeks "gems from heaven" keep dropping out of the sky for me. 

My Monday began with several emails from Melky Jean (Wyclef's sister) personally thanking me for her birthday headbands and praising my designs, the NY Post came to the hair event at Henri Bendel and asked to photography my headbands, and then of course my most precious niece was born. It was killing me that I was in New York City doing my trunk shows while my sister was giving birth. 

But blessings were being sent to both my sister and I, and when things are great, they are often AMAZING! And my little niece sure is amazing! She is beautiful, and perfect, and the most priceless gift! 

However, listing all these great things is barely scraping the surface! I have been given the most incredible opportunities and it has all happened in less than a week! The chance to go global, and the chance to collaborate with two really big business ventures. 

It is interesting because this year has not been 100% smooth sailing, but when I learned to let go of "the bad" and just focus on what is important and re-direct my energy, well, I feel that God has then opened up some amazing doors for me. Negative energy is never good for anyone or anything. It is toxic and life is too brief to get caught up in it. 

The adventure is barely beginning, but I am excited to see what else is in store....Two of my all time favorite songs are 1) The Adventure by Angels and Airwaves & 2) About Midnight by Sarah Kelley -- both do a good job of explaining my life this past year...

No comments:

Post a Comment