Friday, October 2, 2009

It's going to be all right...

Jaime and I just got back from visiting Aunt Carol in Tucson. Aunt Carol had a ball showing off Blake to all her friends. And I really enjoyed visiting with the ladies, they were all sweethearts.

It is a beautiful drive through the desert, but emotionally it is probably one of the ugliest areas! We have not driven up I-10 since that fateful day almost ten years ago, we always take the Florence route, but still the drive weighs heavily on both of us.

I sat in the back to soothe little Blake. She was fussy and exhausted from not having a nap all day. Jaime put in Blake's "Baby Lullabies" CD. And then I was the one with tears in my eyes. I miss my mom. Blake is most the precious little gift, but it just does not seem right that my parents are not here to be a part of it.

I felt sick nauseous the rest of the ride home and it wasn't a physical thing, but a mental one.

My mother's last words before that horrendous moment when our SUV flipped was "It's going to be all right"....and yes it is....we have their legacy to carry on and a little baby girl Blake to be there for :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment